Valentine’s day is the perfect Hallmark reminder to practice some self love… by indulging in some gut friendly dessert, rather than opting for the regular sugar filled chocolate treats.
Here’s my Sugar Free Gut Friendly Recipe for Dark Cocoa Dipped Strawberries
15 Organic strawberries
100g 100% dark chocolate
1 teaspoon erythritol or stevia ( you can get stevia from the supermarket, and erythritol from Bulk Source Foods, or any good Health Food Store)
1. Rinse your strawberries and remove any moisture by patting them dry
2. Melt your chocolate in a pot or double boiler and stir in your sweetener of choice.
3. Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate using a skewer or fork.
4. Place each chocolate dipped strawberry onto a parchment paper lined tray.
5. Refrigerate until the chocolate is solidified and enjoy!
My Top 3 Healthy Dessert Tips:
1. You can make these super fancy and extra nutritious by dipping the tips of your strawberries into some chopped up almonds or toasted coconut flakes while the chocolate is still wet. I also coat mine in hydrolysed grass fed collagen, because you know, if you’re self caring, why not go ALL the way? 😉
2. Make sure the strawberries are super dry. After you rinse the strawberries, gently pat them dry to remove excess moisture, letting them air dry completely before dipping in choc.
3. Refrigerate the strawberries until they are set, otherwise the choc will peel off and get messy!
Now, I would love to hear from you if you decide to make these. Please comment below!
And if you’re ready to get rid of your gut symptoms and increase your energy, happiness and finally get a good night’s sleep, then my Gut Brain Axis Masterclass, running on 4 March is a no-brainer. We’ll go into the specifics of the Exact Nutritional Approach to Boost Your Energy by 200%, Get Rid of Gut Issues And Enhance The Connection In Your Gut Brain Axis.
About the Author
Anna’s mission is to connect, support and empower women who are stressed, overwhelmed and fatigued to start taking control of their gut health.
Anna does this through her Metabolic Switch and Fatigue to Flourish Wellness Coaching program, Workshops and Masterclasses.
Anna works with women who are stressed and overwhelmed adopt healthier lifestyle habits for instant relief from fatigue, low energy and gut issues through a four pillar approach of nutrition, stress, energy, positive emotions. For more info please visit fatiguetoflourish.com.au or blockfit.com.au